INTERACTIVE MUSIC WEBSITES
Teachers confirm that it can take a long time to help a student "recover" from taking an extended break and get back on track, but we understand that sometimes because of summer vacations a break is necessary. We have compiled this list of websites for students who have to take a break but who would like to continue music exploration and learning at home. We look forward to your return!
- http://www.8notes.com/games/: Interactive skill practice games, mostly for intermediate and advanced students.
- http://www.musiclearningcommunity.com/FreePreview.htm: Over 50 games at all levels that help reinforce musicianship skills like high and low, rhythm, reading music, intervals, major and minor triads, key signatures, etc.
- http://www.artsedge.kennedy-center.org/perfectpitch/: Learn about all the instruments of the orchestra - "baseball style".
- http://www.quia.com/pages/musictechteacher.html: Ten different music games in the classic game styles of battleship, hangman, jeopardy, etc.
- http://www.funbrain.com/notes/index.html: A simple game of reading music and clicking the correct note on the keyboard.
- http://www.classicsforkids.com/: A Cincinnati-based classical music radio station for kids, this site has games to compose your own music, learn about other composers, and listen to music.
- http://www.teoria.com/exercises/: Exercises for more advanced musicians.
- http://pbskids.org/jazz/: Kids can be in a jazz band and learn about jazz artists.
- http://www.creatingmusic.com/: A children's online creative music environment for children of all ages. It's a place for kids to compose music, play with musical performance, music games and music puzzles.
Several Symphony Websites have kids' sections that are really neat to explore! See below:
- http://www.nyphilkids.org/main.phtml: New York Philharmonic Orchestra Kid's Site
- http://www.sfskids.org/templates/home.asp?pageid=1: San Francisco Symphony Kid's Site
Last Modified: 2014.05.26T21:45:15
Actual Customer Testimonials:
"We have recommended to many of our friends. We love the place. It has totally helped our daughter to not only know the notes but to truly have fun with them! We love the teacher(s) and wish them all the very best. - " -- Happy parents
"Our daughter, Melissa, loves her music class, and she looks forward to the recitals. She's made friends and become more confident. We'd recommend the Music Place to anyone. -- Melissa's parents, Kathy & Matt, Los Gatos" .
I tell everyone who will listen about the amazing introduction to music that our daughter is getting with the Music Place. People are always amazed when a 3-year old explains that she played an oboe last week and is going to play a piccolo next week! Most importantly, our daughter can't wait for music class & asks to go every day. -- The Pace Family