Lynnelle, MA, is a music therapist and like most therapists, an outstanding musician.
She has led orchestras, choirs, seminars, master-classes, and tours. She founded and served as Artistic Director of the SpiritMusik Concert Series and currently serves as the Director of Music at the Congregational Church of San Mateo, UCC. She received her BM in Music History with minors in Western Civilization and Art History at SFSU and an MA in Orchestral Conducting from the Lamont School of Music at DU, studying under master teachers Vince LaGuardia and Dr. William R. Ward. She has been studying Music Therapy at University of the Pacific at their San Francisco campus in pursuit of her MTBC license, and is currently serving her internship in Music Therapy at The Music Place and its non-profit partner, Arts Educators Group.
Lynnelle began her professional career as a musician performing throughout the Bay Area and U.S. Her musical career has been diverse and challenging including:
- being a charter member of the San Francisco Youth Symphony;
- performing with the Monterey Pops Orchestra;
- touring with a jazz trio around the country;
- being a member of the conducting class at Tanglewood (the Berkshire Music Festival);
- attending invitation only workshops and classes at Curtis Institute and Carnegie Hall; and
- serving as a delegate to the Sixth World Symposium on Choral Music
Lynnelle enjoys working with clients in a variety of musical mediums during her music therapy sessions.
- upright bass
- Lawrence Expy
Lynnelle serves as a music therapy intern in her 3rd year and does not teach music. See therapy enrollment protocol and rates.