What About Holidays & Absences?
A. The Music Place office does not close on every federal holiday. On the following holidays the office is closed, no group classes are taught. (Private lessons may be arranged at the discretion of the instructor.)
- Holiday Observation Dates
- Good Friday April 2, 2021 (after 12pm)
- Memorial Day May 31, 2021
- Independence Day July 5, 2021
- Labor Day September 7, 2020
- Thanksgiving Recess November 26 – 27, 2020
- Christmas to New Year's Day, Dec. 25, 2021 – Jan. 1, 2022
A. Make up lessons are available when 1) 24 hours notice is given OR 2) the lessons fall on an official Music Place holiday. Lessons canceled with less than 24 hours notice are forfeited.
Group classes: Since tuition covers 4 classes per month, group classes are taught on quarterly 5th weeks and serve to cover school closures or holidays/closures or absences. Additional make ups for groups for notified group class absences may be scheduled in any (non session) age-appropriate group music or dance class.
Private Classes: We no longer charge for the fifth week in a month as it is used for make ups or holiday absences.
A. In order to "hold" their spot during Summer or Winter, students may pay only for classes taken, (at the higher single class rate) provided the following occurs:
- 7 days notice is given for absences.
- At least 2 classes per month are paid.
- Payments are made in advance
A. Yes, by appointment only. Please check with your student's instructor.
A. Your teacher will give you the option of a make up, a substitute or an account credit arranged through the office.