FIND IT FAST!
Welcome to The Music Place FIND IT FAST page! Below are answers and links to: "What?", "Where?", "When?", "How much?","How do I get started?" and "How do I pay?"
You may click on the links or read the abbreviated versions here! We hope you have fun getting to know us!
We offer private (on-on-one) and group classes in MUSIC and DANCE and free Apititude and Readiness Assessments to help families design a positive learning path for each child's music education.
Private music lessons include: Voice, Piano, Guitar, Violin, Flute, Recorder, Drums, Harp, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, Individualized Instrument Exploration and any subject taught in a group class!
Group music classes include:
- Early Music AwarenessTM: Ages 1-7
- All Arts Vocal Ensembles (Voice, Drama & Movement combo): Ages 4-7
- Vocal Ensembles: Ages 6-10 & 11 & up
- Vocal IRC : Ages 4-8
Group Dance Classes include: Creative, Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Lyrical, Modern, Hip Hop: Ages 3 - Adult
Christian-emphasis Worship Ministry Classes include: Choir, Dance, Instrument Ensemble (1 yr. music reading pre-req.), Flags and Combo classes: Ages 6 & up
Group and private lessons are available at any of our 5 Multi-Class Locations in the South Bay Area where mulitple classrooms allow more than one student to study at the same time. In addition to these Multi-class locations, private lessons are available in neighborhood home studios all over the South Bay (from Mountain View to South San Jose.)
Group class music and dance class schedules
are published, but private lesson schedules are not. Generally lessons
start as early as 8:30 AM and end as late as 8:30PM depending on the
teacher and location. To obtain schedule availability for a specific
teacher or location, please call our office (408- 445-2787) or e mail
your location/schedule needs to info
- child's name and age
- your zip (or that from which you would be traveling)
- instrument choice
- three location preferences in order of preference( from our wesbite)
- best days and times
- earliest and latest available time to begin and/or end a class/lesson
- previoious experience or concerns (special needs etc.)
TUITION AND FEES: How much?
Lifetime Family Registration fees: $50.00. (may be made in two payments by request)
- $80.00 for 45-minute size limited sessions (8 child maximum);
- $65.00 for 30-minute size limited classe (6 child maximum)
Discounts for additional group classes range from 10%-50%
Group DANCE class tuition: calculated by family dance hours enrolled : (See identical rates as our dance partner, Soaring Spirit Dance Studio)
- $66.00 per month for weekly 1.0 hour classes per family, decreasing to
- $100.00 per month for weekly 2.0 hours of classes per family etc.
Private lesson tuition varies depending on experience & education of the instructor. Weekly lesson tuition ranges from:
- $50.00 per hour: ($100.00 per month for weekly 30-minute lessons) to
- $70.00 per hour: ($140.00 per month for weekly 30-minute lessons)
Discounts for 60-minute weekly lessons for same student with same teacher: 10%
REGISTRATION: How do I get started?
4. Pay a Refundable Signup Fee
5. Enroll in ECheck plan (See above)
6. Fax or mail signed forms (and voided check for eCheck plan) to us:
- FAX: (408) 445-2806
- The Music Place (Attn: START FEES)1617 Willowhurst Ave., San Jose, CA 95125
Once we have received your start fees, we will send you confirmation, and in the case of private lessons, the teacher will call you!
- in designated payment boxes at each location
- mail or drop off checks to our Main Office (1617 Willowhurst, Ave. San Jose 95125)
- make an online payment
Private lesson checks made out to The Music Place may be given directly to the instructor or paid through any of the options listed above.
We accept cash, check, eCheck online payments, Visa & Mastercard (in person or by phone)
hope this little overview will help you in choosing to join The
Music Place Family! If you still have questions, just call us! (408)
445-ARTS (2787) or e mail us at info
Last Modified: 2017.08.29T20:39:45
Actual Customer Testimonials:
"We have recommended to many of our friends. We love the place. It has totally helped our daughter to not only know the notes but to truly have fun with them! We love the teacher(s) and wish them all the very best. - " -- Happy parents
"Our daughter, Melissa, loves her music class, and she looks forward to the recitals. She's made friends and become more confident. We'd recommend the Music Place to anyone. -- Melissa's parents, Kathy & Matt, Los Gatos" .
I tell everyone who will listen about the amazing introduction to music that our daughter is getting with the Music Place. People are always amazed when a 3-year old explains that she played an oboe last week and is going to play a piccolo next week! Most importantly, our daughter can't wait for music class & asks to go every day. -- The Pace Family