What About Holidays & Absences?
A. The Music Place office does not close on every federal holiday. On the following holidays the office is closed, no group classes are taught. (Private lessons may be arranged at the discretion of the instructor.)
- Holiday Observation Dates
- Good Friday (after 12pm)
- Memorial Day (last Monday of May)
- Independence Day July 4
- Labor Day (1st monday of September )
- Thanksgiving and the Friday after
- Christmas Day though New Year's Day
A. Your tuition covers 4 classes per month, (48 per year) and up to one make up per quarter is offered for non-emergency cancellations. Make up lessons are available when 1) 24 hours notice is given OR 2) the lessons fall on an official Music Place holiday. Lessons canceled with less than 24 hours notice are forfeited..
Group classes: Since tuition covers 4 classes per month, group classes are taught on quarterly 5th weeks and serve to cover school closures or holidays/closures or absences. Additional make ups for groups for notified group class absences may be scheduled in any (non session) age-appropriate group music or dance class.
Private Classes: Although tuition for weekly classes covers four lessons, we do not charge an additional fee for the fifth week in a month as it is used as a make up for holidays or future properly notified absences for which there is no fifth week in that particular month.
A. In order to "hold" their spot during Summer or Winter, families may pay only for classes taken, (at the higher single class rate) provided the following occurs:
- 7 days notice is given for absences.
- At least 2 classes per month are paid.
- Payments are made in advance
- A. For longer absences you may give us 2 weeks notice to pause your classes, (temporary withdrawal), you may pay 50% tuition to hold your spot, but without that payment, there is no guarantee to hold your chlid's spot
A. Yes, by appointment only. Please check with your student's instructor.
A. Your teacher will give you the option of a make up, a substitute or an account credit arranged through the office.